Zijani was founded in 2014, previously known as Biogen Diesel Kenya Limited, to commercialize biodiesel production and refining, with a focus on fuel quality and environmental sustainability. In November 2014, we opened Kenya's first biodiesel research and development refinery in Nairobi, Kenya which was capable of producing up to 13,000 liters per year. We have grown and currently on course to produce 48,000 litres of Biodiesel per year from May 2017
In 2016, we completed our specialist biodiesel plant in Nairobi Kenya. Capable of producing 50,000 litres of biodiesel Per Year. It is Kenya’s first purpose-built plant dedicated to producing biodiesel from used cooking oil. This has allowed us to step ever closer to achieving 100% resource recovery by producing a biodiesel that saves over 95% Green House Gas emissions compared to fossil fuels.
Today, Zijani aims to be the national leader in next generation biofuel production.
We are driven by two ambitious goals
- to fundamentally service the food industry business by offering close loop waste solutionsTo meet our goals,
- To continuously develop proprietary technology and processes across the entire food industry value chain.
Zijani provides 100% waste cooking oil recovery for the food industry through a virtuous cycle of integrated supply, collection and transformation solutions, delivered to the highest standards. We ensure that no waste oil resource is ever wasted from your foodservice business.
Over the years, we’ve come to understand that each client’s needs are unique. From experience, we know how to adapt what we do to suit client needs no matter what they are or how big or small you are, helping us to consistently deliver on our vision of Cleaner Greener Future
Zijani Cycle and approach.
Our cycle approach helps us to come up with solutions that best suit your requirements whatever they are. No resource is wasted from your food service business, be that time, money or resources. Applying this approach ensures that we’re able to deliver maximum benefit to you and to the environment
Our local drivers supply premium cooking oils right to your door and they can also collect your used cooking oil at the same time. Find out more about our range of quality cooking oils.
Our drivers are registered to collect used cooking oil. We have worked hard to develop a reliable collection service that takes the time and hassle out of recovering your waste cooking oil.
Everything we collect is recycled or converted into renewable energy; nothing goes to waste. We do this through our network of highly trained manpower with the appropriate know how coupled with relevant technology at our conversion plant in Nairobi, Kenya.
Our duty of care to our customers
We are fully licensed and insured for all our activities, including the management activities we are involved in, ensuring you can have complete confidence in our ability to do things the right way.
We aim to provide 100% resource recovery for our customers.
Zijani is dedicated to recovering the value of things that others might consider to be waste. One of our core beliefs is that all waste has a value and we have the experience and know how to identify what that is. Plus, we have the facilities and the manpowerto enable delivery and creation of value at every stage of our cycle.
We ensure you and your food business is protected
We are also active members of all relevant trade associations and licensing entities. Through these relationships we keep up to date with everything we need to be aware of and help shape the future of our industry.
- Our processing site is operated under approved permits.
- Our depot is operate under an Environment Agency waste carriers license
- Our gas emissions are measured to approved standards
- We are an active member of the following trade associations and quality control bodies;
ACHIEVEMENTS 2015- 2017
- April 2015-Oil & Gas Expo Renewable Energy Presentations
- August 2015- 2nd Runners Up UNDP Innovation Pitch
- Sept 2015 ADM III Top 35 Africa Innovative Businesses Washington DC
- November 2015- Assenti Awards Best Innovation pitch
- December 2015 -KIRDI Awards manufacture facility Incubation contract
- February 28th, 2016 Total Start-upper of the Year Finalist
- KTN Life and Style Business Interview